BMCA is an international, not-for-profit membership organization committed to the practice, education, and ongoing development of Body-Mind Centering with a strong belief in the profound effects of its experiential and collaborative process. Our mission includes:
- maintaining high standards of professional competence and excellence;
- supporting research and publication of materials relating to BMC;
- providing resources, information and avenues of communication about BMC;
- improving access to BMC; and
- educating the public.
What is BMCA?
The Body-Mind Centering Association, Inc. (BMCA) is a creative community of individuals dedicated to exploring, sharing, and expanding the Body-Mind Centering work. Our members live all over the world including the Americas, Europe, the Middle and Far East, and Australia.
BMCA began in 1985 from an intitiative by Ellen Barlow and Sara K. Vogeler. In subsequent years, it was developed into a professional organization through generous hours of volunteerism and financial contributions from practitioners and supporters.
- provides support and services to its members,
- promotes professional development and somatic conferences worldwide,
- publishes a quarterly e-newsletter and an annual journal,
- provides fiscal agency for somatic research grants for members, and
- is the conduit for communciation and dialogue about Body-Mind Centering.
We are a U.S. based not-for-profit, tax-exempt professional organization. Donations are welcome and deductible to the extent allowable by law.
photos: Rosie Dienhart
Body-Mind Centering professionals have completed rigorous training programs that ensure a safe and consistent experience of the work for students and clients. Only Professional Members of BMCA are authorized to use the BMC name.
To join BMCA and become a Member at the Professional, Associate, Student, Friend, Allied Graduate, or Institutional level, please fill out the online application.
To Volunteer and bring your passions and interests to BMCA, contact BMCA or visit our volunteer page for more information. BMCA is run almost entirely by volunteers from around the world. Get involved at whatever level works for you!