First-time professional members who have graduated within 6-months of joining BMCA will receive a 25% discount for the first year of membership and a 15% discount for the second year.
- Sample of Currents, the annual BMCA Journal
- Sample of ConCurrents, the BMCA Membership quarterly email
- International Style Guide for Professional Members on using the the service marks
- Questions? Email Lisa, Director of Operations Asst.
Information for students of
Licensed SBMC Programs
Message from the BMCA Membership Committee
As representatives of the Body-Mind Centering Association, whose membership extends to 32 countries and 5 continents, we would like to welcome you to the ever-widening circle of those who have studied and continue to explore this embodied approach to movement, body and consciousness. The BMC program in which you have chosen to participate is one of 15 worldwide that is certified by the School for Body-Mind Centering®, supported by the Body-Mind Centering Association (BMCA) and respected by and affiliated with the International Somatic Movement Education & Therapy Association (ISMETA).
BMCA, established in 1985, is an international gathering and clearing house for the continuation of the somatic inquiry and dialogue initiated by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen. This organization represents and supports professionals and students of Body-Mind Centering® in a variety of ways. First and foremost, we promote professionalism through advocacy, registry of professionals and certified programs and, provision of a code of ethics and standards of practice. People authorized to use the name Body-Mind Centering® must be graduates of an approved program and be a Professional Member of BMCA.
BMCA works on behalf of its members to:
- Develop and uphold standards of excellence in education, training, and practice
- Establish a forum for communication among our members
- Provide listings for certified programs, workshops, conferences, classes and sessions
- Publish current research, findings and related creative work in Currents journal
- Convene regularly to present offerings at BMCA conferences
As a participant in this training program, you can join us as a Student Member ($50/€44 per year), making your eventual transition to BMCA Professional Member simple and seamless upon graduation. Begin receiving our quarterly newsletter, a free copy of Currents journal, access to the BMCA member forum, a discount on conferences, among many other benefits.
We are glad to have you join in the Body-Mind Centering® circle. Know that BMCA is here to support you. We welcome your questions which may be directed to Lisa Ladurantaye, the BMCA Director of Operations Assistant.
Natasha Martina Koechl, Janet Kwantes, Mary Ann Rund, Marila Annibelli Vellozo
Membership Committee, Body-Mind Centering Association