June 22-27, 2021
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
June 23-26, 2021
Plenary with Christal Brown
June 22/23: Bebe Miller
June 26/27: Stephanie Skura
More info TBA soon
Questions? Email Megan
Toni Smith, Chair
Gill Wright Miller
Host: Cynthia Williams
Back to Main Conference page
35th Annual BMCA Conference
Resonance, Repatterning, and Revolution
Call for presenters now open May 1 - September 30, 2020
BMCA is seeking proposals from somatic movement practitioners and researchers for experiential workshops, presentations, panels, and performances. BMCA invites proposals that respond to the theme of “Resonance, Repatterning, and Revolution” or other open topics.
- Resonance: the quality in a sound or relationship that is deep, full, and reverberating; a quality of richness and variety; a quality of evoking response.
- Repatterning: a process of experiencing and understanding the innate patterns within and around us and embracing an experience to reorganize those which are impeding us in some way or have lost their usefulness.
- Revolution: an invitation to change; the resolve of the current order to initiate change.
- What resonates when somatic knowledge and ideas cross bodies and boundaries?
- How do various somatic approaches explore the formation of patterns and encourage identification, shifts, and/or change?
- What role does repatterning play in somatic movement education and/or healing?
- In what ways might somatic approaches/practices be revolutionary in their emphasis on body-mind integration, listening within, and inviting change?
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic that many are experiencing, BMCA has reduced the non-member submission fee to $10.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance in November, 2021. Concurrent presentation slots are 90 minutes and take place during the main conference, June 23-26, 2021. Performances take place during one of two performances during the main conference. All accepted presenters and performers receive discounted registration to the main conference and must register by January 15, 2021.
Header photo by Milan Panet-Gigon, BMCA 2016, Montreal, QC.