June 23-28, 2020
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
June 23/24: Bebe Miller
June 27/28: Stephanie Skura
- Program & Schedule
- Pricing & Discounts
- Workstudy & Scholarships
- Lodging & Meals
- Location & Travel
- Policies & COVID-19 Notice
Questions? Email Megan
Toni Smith, Chair
Gill Wright Miller
Host: Cynthia Williams
Back to Main Conference page
35th Annual BMCA Conference
Registration now open.
Earlybird rates through March 15, 2020
Resonance, Repatterning, and Revolution
- Resonance: the quality in a sound or relationship that is deep, full, and reverberating; a quality of richness and variety; a quality of evoking response.
- Repatterning: a process of experiencing and understanding the innate patterns within and around us and embracing an experience to reorganize those which are impeding us in some way or have lost their usefulness.
- Revolution: an invitation to change; the resolve of the current order to initiate change.
- What resonates when somatic knowledge and ideas cross bodies and boundaries?
- How do various somatic approaches explore the formation of patterns and encourage identification, shifts, and/or change?
- What role does repatterning play in somatic movement education and/or healing?
- In what ways might somatic approaches/practices be revolutionary in their emphasis on body-mind integration, listening within, and inviting change?
Header photo by Milan Panet-Gigon, BMCA 2016, Montreal, QC.