Available online: https://embodiedasana.com/online-courses/#b
Can take at your own speed
Full Interactive Course + Certificate of Completion, $2,000
Independent Study Version $1,500
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 full Interactive Course + Certificate of Completion, $750
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 Independent Study Version, $550
The EMBODIED ANATOMY & KINESIOLOGY: BONES & LIGAMENTS course is a collection of thirty 2-hour classes covering the bones and ligaments of our body. (Plus over 30 hours of bonus asana classes to accompany the lessons.) All together, it’s over 90 hours of material that you’ll be able to come back to over and over again.
Each class includes:
* an opening somatization and movement experience,
* discussion, drawing, coloring (based on included handouts),
* a closing movement experience, and
* a written transcript of the class and
* an opportunity to answer homework questions.
There’s also over 30 hours of bonus A&K Asana classes, incorporating EA&K lesson material into an asana practice.
Trimester #1: The Spine:
* Embodied Anatomy, Kinesiology and Physiology
* Bone Physiology
* The Spine & Axial Skeleton
* Disks and Vertebrae
* Embryology of the Spine
* Spinal Ligaments
* Skull Bones
* A-O and A-A Joints
* Ribs and Sternum
* Sacrum and Coccyx
Trimester #2: Lower Limbs:
* Appendicular Skeleton; Foot Bones
* Foot Bones and Joints
* Ankle and Foreleg
* PNF: Foot, Ankle & Foreleg
* Knee Joint and Ligaments, Part I
* Knee Joint and Ligaments, Part II
* Hip Joint and Ligaments
* Femur Spiral
* Pelvis and SI Joints
* Pathways of Weight: Feet to Spine
Trimester #3: Upper Limbs:
* Hand Bones and Joints, Part I
* Hand Bones and Joints, Part II
* Wrist and Forearm Bones and Joints
* PNF: Hand, Wrist and Forearm
* Elbow Joint
* Humerus Spiral
* Shoulder Joint
* Shoulder Girdle Bones and Joints
* Pathways of Weight: Hands to Spine
* Integration: Skeletal Maps
Amy Matthews, CMA, IDME, BMC Teacher, RSMT/RSME has been teaching movement since 1994. She is a Certified Laban Movement Analyst, a Body-Mind Centering® Teacher, an Infant Developmental Movement Educator, and a yoga therapist and yoga teacher.
Amy is the co-founder and co-director of Babies Project with Sarah Barnaby. Previously she was a director of The Breathing Project and co-authored with Leslie Kaminoff the best-selling book Yoga Anatomy (published by Human Kinetics).
Amy is a Program Director for the School for Body-Mind Centering, Educational Director of the SME Program for Moving Within in Oregon, and teaches on SME & IDME Programs in the US, Germany, and Italy. She taught for four years with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen in Berkeley, CA, and was on the faculty of the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies for 10 years.
Amy has participated several times in Gil Hedley’s dissection workshops and has studied kinesthetic anatomy with Irene Dowd and BMC with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen. She has studied yoga with Alison West, Mark Whitwell, Genny Kapular and Kevin Gardiner, and full-contact karate with Sensei Michelle Gay.
Amy is certified as a yoga teacher and as a Motherhand Shiatsu practitioner, is registered with ISMETA as a Somatic Movement Therapist and Educator and has been registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-500 RYT. She teaches embodied anatomy and movement workshops for programs in the US and internationally, and works privately integrating Laban Movement Analysis, Bartenieff Fundamentals, yoga, Body-Mind Centering and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF).