Yellow Tree Yoga,
103 E Main St,
Troy Ohio 45373
June 29-30, 2019
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 12:00-5:00 pm
COST: $275 Before June 1, 2019; $325 After
This workshop explores how our practice changes when we shift our attention to the contents of the body. Organs, fascia and other types of connective tissue all are part of our internal environment. They have an important role in supporting three-dimensional movement and posture, providing fullness and buoyancy from within, and give us new experiences of volume, fluidity, and connectivity. When embodied, they illuminate internal relationships and pathways from inner to outer expression, and create new opportunities to re-experience ourselves inthe practice of yoga.
This workshop will grow your kinesthetic awareness of multiple body systems and give you a fresh perspective on yoga, breath and alignment. You will learn to sense and explore movement through the contents of the body, and ways to integrate this information into your practice and teaching:
• Sequencing that creates integration of the organs, connective tissue and the skeleton, to effect postural efficacy vital to eliminating strain and tension.
• Alignment principles of the upper body. Pathways and relationships between the lungs, heart, and diaphragm in support of the head and neck, ribs, shoulders and arms, cervical and thoracic spine.
• Alignment principles of the lower body. Pathways and relationships between the abdominal organs, and pelvic diaphragm in support of the lumbar and sacral spine, pelvis, legs and feet.
• Pranayama : The embryological evolution of the breath and prana .
* CEUS available for Yoga Teachers
Lisa Clark, 500 ERYT, is the Founder/Program Director of EmbodiYoga®, offering professional training programs, workshops & classes for over 18 years. Lisa is a Senior Teacher of Body-Mind Centering®, and Program / Education Director of the BMC & Yoga Immersion Series: Foundations in Embodied Anatomy. She is one of the leading innovators of the integration of Yoga and Somatics and has been actively engaged in the training, teaching, and development of this form for over 38 years. Lisa’s work is on the forefront of yoga today and has been taught in studios across the USA, Europe, and China. She has been a featured teacher at Yoga Journal Conferences, Omega Institute, and Kripalu Center. A teacher’s teacher, she has spent a lifetime merging enigmatic yogas with current up-to-date somatic experience and exploring how the body-mind expresses itself, EmbodiYoga® is the synthesis of her life’s work.
For more information and to register, please contact Mary Borton / Yellow Tree Yoga : email@example.com www.yellowtreeyoga.com