Available online: https://embodiedasana.com/online-courses/#b
Can take at your own speed
Full Interactive Course + Certificate of Completion, $2,000
Independent Study Version $1,500
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 full Interactive Course + Certificate of Completion, $750
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 Independent Study Version, $550
The EMBODIED ANATOMY & KINESIOLOGY: MUSCLES course is a collection of thirty 2-hour classes covering almost all the muscles of our body. (Plus over 30 hours of bonus asana classes to accompany the lessons.) All together, it’s over 90 hours of material that you’ll be able to come back to over and over again.
Each class includes:
* an opening somatization and movement experience,
* discussion, drawing, coloring (based on included handouts),
* a closing movement experience, and
* a written transcript of the class and
* an opportunity to answer homework questions.
There’s also over 30 hours of bonus A&K Asana classes, incorporating EA&K lesson material into an asana practice.
Trimester #1: The Spine
* Embodied Bones & Muscles
* Resistance & Muscle Contractions
* Muscle Physiology
* Muscles & Nerves
* Muscle Roles & Relationships
* Intrinsic Muscles of the Spine
* Suboccipital & Sacrococcygeal Muscles
* Extrinsic Muscles of the Spine
* Anterior Neck Muscles
* Psoas & Abdominal Muscles
Trimester #2: Lower Limbs
* Lower Limbs: Pathways of Weight
* Muscle Relationships & Coupling
* Intrinsic Muscles of the Foot
* Extrinsic Muscles of the Foot & Ankle
* Foot & Ankle PNF Patterns
* Muscles of the Knee & Thigh
* Muscles of the Hip Joint, Part I
* Muscles of the Hip Joint, Part II
* Lower Limb PNF Patterns
* Muscles of the Pelvic Floor
Trimester #3: Upper Limbs
* Upper Limbs: Pathways of Weight
* Intrinsic Muscles of the Hand
* Extrinsic Muscles: Hand & Wrist
* Intrinsic Muscles of the Forearm
* Hand & Forearm PNF Patterns
* Muscles of the Elbow
* Muscles of the Shoulder Joint
* Muscles of the Shoulder Girdle
* Muscles & PNF Patterns: Shoulder
* Muscles of the Ribcage & Hyoid
* 3 Diaphragms
Amy Matthews, CMA, IDME, BMC Teacher, RSMT/RSME has been teaching movement since 1994. She is a Certified Laban Movement Analyst, a Body-Mind Centering® Teacher, an Infant Developmental Movement Educator, and a yoga therapist and yoga teacher.
Amy is the co-founder and co-director of Babies Project with Sarah Barnaby. Previously she was a director of The Breathing Project and co-authored with Leslie Kaminoff the best-selling book Yoga Anatomy (published by Human Kinetics).
Amy is a Program Director for the School for Body-Mind Centering, Educational Director of the SME Program for Moving Within in Oregon, and teaches on SME & IDME Programs in the US, Germany, and Italy. She taught for four years with Bonnie Bainbridge-Cohen in Berkeley, CA, and was on the faculty of the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies for 10 years.
Amy has participated several times in Gil Hedley’s dissection workshops and has studied kinesthetic anatomy with Irene Dowd and BMC with Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen. She has studied yoga with Alison West, Mark Whitwell, Genny Kapular and Kevin Gardiner, and full-contact karate with Sensei Michelle Gay.
Amy is certified as a yoga teacher and as a Motherhand Shiatsu practitioner, is registered with ISMETA as a Somatic Movement Therapist and Educator and has been registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-500 RYT. She teaches embodied anatomy and movement workshops for programs in the US and internationally, and works privately integrating Laban Movement Analysis, Bartenieff Fundamentals, yoga, Body-Mind Centering and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF).